Parties and Events
If you’d like to register for any of the events below, please fill out a registration form HERE and e-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, feel free to use our Contact page.
Silk Scarf Painting Parties
Looking for a fun and creative way to spend time with friends? Consider a silk scarf painting party at the Studio…perfect for a Girls’ Night Out, Birthday or Bachelorette party!
- $350 covers up to 8 people, three hours of demonstration, instruction and hands-on creation. Each person creates their own painted 100% silk scarf using luscious French dyes. Since these dyes require steam setting, Marilyn will take care of that after the party and scarves will be ready for pick-up or mail delivery within 5 days of the party.
- Material costs are $30 per person
- We have a functioning kitchen and can provide plates, cutlery and glasses is you wish to bring refreshments for your party. There is a $25 fee for refreshment set-up and breakdown; please let us know if you would like to bring refreshments so we can have a layout prepared for you.
Relax With Wine and Silk Events
- Several times a year the Studio hosts “classes” in silk painting. Demonstration and instruction is given before participants paint their own 100% silk scarf using luscious French dyes. Since these dyes require steam setting, Marilyn will take care of that after the class and scarves will be ready for pick-up or mail delivery within 5 days of the class.
- Tuition is $89 per person and includes Materials fee.
- Wine, other beverages and light refreshments will be served.
- Classes run 3 to 4 hours each.
2016 Wine and Silk Events Schedule
July 31, 2016, 2pm – 5pm
December 4, 2016, 2pm – 5pm (in time for Christmas giving!)
If you’d like to scheduled a different day, e-mail us in advance with at least 2 date options. We will let you know which one is available.
NYC Fabric Tours
Everybody loves a field trip and so do we! Several day trips are planned for New York City and all that FABRIC!!! We will meet at the bus pick-up location, enjoy a relaxed ride into the heart of Manhattan, see the sights as we walk to the Garment District and roam wonderful and delightful shops filled with every fabric and trim imaginable. For those who can’t survive just on the eye candy in the shops, we will stop for lunch. Lunch is not included in the cost of the trip. Tours are $140** which includes bus ticket, maps, materials and instruction.
Minimum of 4 tour guests per tour date so bring a friend!
** price may vary depending on bus ticket prices.
NYC Fabric Tour Schedule
June 23, 2016
September 22, 2016
November 10, 2016
December 8, 2016 (see NYC dressed for the Holidays!)
Earning Scout Badges
Girl and Boy scouts can earn their sewing or other related badges with a one-time class at the Studio. Call or email with your specific request!
Outside Studio (Rentals)
Kids’ Party Trunks
The Studio provides themed party trunks with costume pieces and props for children’s parties. Please call for stock availability and rental prices.
Event Rentals and Custom
The Studio offers customized tablecloths, table runners, napkins, swags and chuppas to personalize weddings, parties or other events. There are tablecloths and drapes available for rent, or the Studio can create a custom order. Prices vary depending on size, order number, and whether fabric is provided by the client.
Special Occasion Wear
The Studio Closet has many modern and vintage suits, tuxes, gowns, dresses, hats, shoes, and accessories for any special occasion. Please see our Rental Closet for sample images, or call to set up an appointment. Pulling/restocking fee is $25; minor alterations and cleaning costs are included in our rental prices.
Adult Theme Parties
Going to a 1950’s themed birthday party? Attending a Downtown Abbey themed wedding? Participating in a 1930’s murder mystery?
Adult themed events are becoming the norm and our Rental Closet hosts thousands of well-cared-for costume pieces for such events. Call to set up an appointment and our staff will provide you with a custom experience while we put together the perfect ensemble for you. Pulling/restocking fee is $25; minor alterations and cleaning costs are included in our rental prices.