Full Production Design
Theatrical productions that do not have a costume designer available may contract with The Marilyn Johnson Sewing Design Studio for design services.
The Studio designer will:
- Work from a script to develop the costume plot and create the bible
- Research clothing within the time period and social status of the script
- Measure the cast
- Work with the director and cast to enhance the production and characters through their costumes
- Create, alter, or modify costume pieces for the cast
- Use costumes in the theater’s closet, the Studio closet, or purchase/build
- Set up and break down the dressing room
Fees vary depending on the number of actors in cast, time period, and other factors.
To see photos from past shows that Marilyn has costumed, click HERE.