For those looking to bring their own creations to life, we offer sewing classes here at the Studio.
All machines, equipment, and most of the materials needed for your projects are provided to the students during lessons. Marilyn supplies all materials for students up until their first major project, at which point students must provide their own fabric and notions. There is also a student store that carries materials for students to purchase for personal use at home.
All classes include discussions and demonstrations on appropriate fabrics, stitching techniques, proper measurements and creative options to add personality to the garment. Pattern adjustments are made as needed for each student to ensure a well-fitting garment.
It is suggested that each student bring a notebook and pencil to class.
- These are personal lessons taught by Marilyn on a one-on-one basis and are determined by your and Marilyn’s personal schedule.
- Lessons are $55/hr, and a minimum of one hour. There is no maximum frequency or number of hours per lesson.
- A special discount is provided if you bring a friend: $82.50/hr for two people in one lesson.
- Any sewing level and project is welcome!
- The first class card is $275, which accounts for four classes, or eight hours of lessons total.
- Each subsequent class card is $250.
- Bring a friend and get 10% off your registration!
- Classes are held on Saturdays from 2pm to 4pm.
- All ages.
- All sewing levels are welcome; classes are largely self-paced.
- Attendance does not have to be consecutive Saturdays.
How to Join:
First, print a registration form HERE.
If you are interested in joining the group sewing class, just bring your registration form with you on Saturday at least 15 minutes prior to class and you can purchase a class card before the lesson begins.